Humboldt Area Foundation manages more than 200 scholarship funds. Whether you are interested in applying for a scholarship for a school or creating a fund, we hope you’ll check out the following information.
The scholarship application will be available through their online system starting on January 15.
Applications for scholarships are located online at
Applications are available January 15-March 16.
All Humboldt County high school seniors and their parents are invited to this financial aid workshop to get hands-on, individual help in completing the FAFSA and CA Dream Act applications. Apply EARLY–as close to January 1st as possible. Priority deadline to apply is March 2nd. Okay to estimate income based on last year’s tax return, then go back and update later. HSU & CR Financial Aid Dept. staff will be available to answer your technical questions.
WHAT TO BRING
CHECKLIST OF IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS YOU NEED TO HELP COMPLETE THE FAFSA
If you don’t have every one of these documents, that’s okay. Come to a workshop with the documents that you have and that apply to you.
- Driver’s license, if you have one
- Social Security card or number, if you have one
- Alien registration number, if you have one
- Your 2014 income information
- Parent 2014 income information
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) – yours of your parents’
- Your tax and parent tax information; previous year taxes are okay for now if you don’t have 2014 tax information
- 2012 bank statements
- Any records of untaxed income such as welfare benefits, Social Security benefits, or child support payments
- List of colleges you are interested in attending
SB Seniors and families are invited to attend any of the following sessions anytime between the hours listed. Please allow for a minimum of a half an hour.
Ferndale High School–Tuesday, Jan 5 12:30-4pm
South Fork High School & Hoopa High–Wednesday, Jan 6 1-5pm
Fortuna High School & Del Norte High–Thursday, Jan. 7 1-6pm
Arcata High School –Wednesday, Jan 13 2-7pm
McKinleyville High School–Thursday, Jan. 14 2-7pm
Humboldt Office of Education (Louis Bucher Resource Center TRC Computer Lab, 901 Myrtle Ave.) –Thursday, Feb. 4 4-8pm
Eureka High School — Wednesday, Feb. 10 6-8pm
For more information please contact the Humboldt County Office of Education at 441-3927.