St. Bernard’s Academy is a college preparatory school.
Our College Counseling Office offers the following services:
- Individual and group meetings with parents and students concerning the overall admissions process including applications and financial aid; SAT and ACT exams; and athletic applications.
- Individual assistance filling out admission applications, and financial aid and scholarship forms.
- Individual student counseling to assist with the college application and selection process. Students are guided in the exploration of such areas as: proposed major course of study; academic qualifications; expectations regarding tuition, room, board, and other expenses; preferences as to geographical location, religious affiliation, size of school, etc.
- Coordination of visits by university admissions representatives.
- Online and print resources for information on college profiles and admissions, testing (ACT, SAT, SAT Subject Tests), scholarships, and financial aid.
- Notifying all students and parents/guardians of local scholarship opportunities.
|www.collegeboard.org||PSAT and SAT information|
|College||www.aiccu.edu||Independent California colleges|
|www.allaboutcollege.com||Links to colleges & universities|
|www.cccco.edu||All California community colleges|
|www.csumentor.edu||California State University website
University of California website
|www.commonapp.org/Login||The Common Application|
|www.ncaaclearinghouse.net||NCAA Clearinghouse for college-bound athletes|
|www.redwoods.edu||College of the Redwoods|
|www.tradeschooladvisor.com||Vocational programs search|
|www.trade-schools.net||Vocational programs search|
Financial for Minorities
Consumer Affairs College Search
|Study Skills||www.studygs.net||Study strategies; 30 languages|
|www.studytips.org||Study skills and tips|
|Job/Career||www.cacareercafe.com||Pathways, assessments, success tips|
|www.calcareercenter.org||Career planning tools and resources|
|www.careerexplorer.net||Job descriptions, career salaries|
|www.careerkey.org||Career assessments & college majors|
|www.jobstar.org||Career guides, salary information|
|www.mappingyourfuture.org||Self-assessment, career matches|
|www.myfuture.com||Self-assessment, “hot jobs”|
|www.mymajors.com||Self-quiz and profile|
|www.whodouwant2b.com||Career pathways and planning|
|Financial Aid||www.csac.ca.gov||California Student Aid|
|www.ed.gov||Government Student Aid Page|
|www.finaid.org/otheraid/natamind.phtml||Native American Financial Aid|
|www.scholarships.santarosa.edu||Santa Rosa JC Scholarships|
|www.highscholarships.com||High School Scholarship Help|
|www.onlinecolleges.net||Financial Aid for Minorties|
University Scholarship Search
Private Student Loan Guide
CNN Money recently published the following article:
Federal Student Aid, an office of the U.S. Department of Education, ensures that all eligible individuals can benefit from federally funded financial assistance for education beyond high school. We consistently champion the promise of post-secondary education to all Americans —and its value to our society.
Federal Student Aid plays a central and essential role in supporting postsecondary education by providing money for college to eligible students and families. We partner with postsecondary schools, financial institutions and others to deliver services that help students and families who are paying for college.
Today, Federal Student Aid performs a range of critical functions that include, among others:
- Educating students and families on the process of obtaining aid;
- Processing millions of student financial aid applications each year;
- Disbursing billions of dollars in aid funds to students through schools;
- Enforcing financial aid rules and regulations;
- Servicing millions of student loan accounts, and securing repayment from borrowers who have defaulted on their loans; and
- Operating information technology systems and tools that manage billions in student aid dollars.
- Fill out the Free Application For Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
The FAFSA worksheet is available here: https://fafsa.ed.gov/fotw1314/pdf/fafsaws13c.pdf